Horrible company to loyal customers

Update by user Aug 06, 2016

I was told by the representative that credit could possible be give if you add the international calling plan to my plan and then ask them to give the credit. They actually had placed a block and let me a message that there were calls on my account.

I called them right away and was told a couple of different times that no international calls are showing on your account. After the bill came I see that there are and they tell me calls like that don't show up till the second billing cycle. If billing is in arrears why can I not receive credit after placing a new plan in place?

Also if they saw that one or two calls had been placed they should have placed the block right away before allowing any more calls to come through if they saw I don't have a calling plan. At and T is the most uncooperative company!

Original review posted by user Aug 05, 2016
I have been a longstanding customer with att and t and have always paid my bills on time. There were international calls of 961.11 placed my phone. I even going forward added the international call plan. I did not make the calls someone visiting me must have. I have submitted request for some credit as I was told by a rep that if I add the plan and then ask to get retro credit which I did.They denied it 3 x. Their customer service is the worst do not call back or are able to do anything for you. They would not even give 1/2. I am so pissed that I will be looking for another landline service. I am done with the horrible company! Never do business with att and t they continue to raise rates to high and do not work with loyal customers!
ID
Chicago, Illinois
Service
Sbc Long Distance Phone Service
Cons
  • Results of my inquiry
Reason of review
Dissatisfied with the results!
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Tech Support Global SCAM

On1/26/13, I telephoned SBC Global to report a problem logging on to one of my email accounts on SBC global.net. I was transferred to TSG and a sales person informed me that I had a bug in my computer and that I’m sending out hundreds of emails from my account. Then he sold me a subscription for tech support, which naturally I bought because I was afraid that I had a computer virus. I paid $339 – for a Platinum 3-year subscription to Tech Support Global. Then I had the same problem a few days later, only I figured out that I inadvertently changed my password when I logged on to the ATT website and tried to access my account, and inadvertently changed my password which affected my email account. No bugs. No viruses. No massive emails being sent out of my account. It was just a sales scam.

Be aware if all the people you talk to have a Indian accent, it is a scam.

I just received a phone call from a man claiming to be with Global Technical Support - hard to understand his (Indian?) accent but he stated (in so many words) that my computer was screwed up and needed to be fixed. I can't remember exact terminology..but - I sensed SCAM immediately.

I asked him if he was with Microsoft and he said no but they work with Microsoft. I asked him if he could give me his phone # so that I could call him back thinking he wouldn't do that. He did. Here is his #: +918010****75.

I then got on web and saw Global Technical Support SCAMS and BILKING people out of $$$.

Hope these crooks get shut down for good some day soon.

I Also had a problem with my sbc email but they restored my account. of course its paid, since they are providing technical support.

cheers! :)

yeah! you're right. TechSupportGlobal clearly a scam.

You were scammed by India. DO NOT go with any company that uses technical support from India.

I switched to WOW! from AT&T for the same reasons, and WOW!

is a 100% American owned company with customer service ONLY in America. No problems with this company.

@Ed S

based on their website, they are filipinos from manila philippines. scam!

View more comments (5)
ID
Evanston, Illinois
Loss

Brands Related to SBC Long Distance

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article